Saturday, May 1, 2010

Aransas Pass & Port Aransas--Apr 29 & 30,2010

In Aransas Pass we stayed in a very nice park called Ranson Road RV Park for two nights. Unfortunately I had no luck birding. The wind was extremely strong so I caught up some on my computer and reading. On Friday night we took the ferry across to Port Aransas and that was fun. I think that might have been my first ride on a ferry with our car. It didn't take long. I think my grandson would have enjoyed it. We went to see my cousin Skip Carr and his wife Kathy. He is 56 and the last time we saw each other he was probably 13. His Mom and Dad transplanted him from a California surfer kid to a Hoosier. He finished high school in Columbus, IN. He has a younger sister Pam. They were both adopted. He and his wife own and operate a home health care business. They have no children. After visiting in their home for about an hour we went to a seafood restaurant and had dinner. It was great to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment