Thursday, April 29, 2010

Leaving Goose Is. St. Pk.(Rockport, TX) 4-30-10

Well my birding at Aransas NWR was a bust. The whooping cranes migrated earlier in the month and the last migration fallout from the strong wind had also passed on north except for the mosquitoes. I remember being here when Jeremy graduated from Air Force basic in San Antonio and Bob took me there to bird. The mosquitoes were horrendous. I think this will be my last trip to this refuge unless it is in Feb. or Mar. some year.
I spent the rest of our visit here birding in the State Park and it was productive. I saw some shorebirds I hadn't seen and a few songbirds. Went on a couple of bird walks and also enjoyed the people.
We leave today and just drive about 20+ miles down the road to Aransas Pass and Port Aransas.

No comments:

Post a Comment