Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Travel Day to Palmer--July 20

Happy Birthday, Trajan #4

The day started early because we woke up at 3:30am in Alaska and 7:30 am in Tampa in order to sing happy birthday to our very special grandson. Then went right back to bed until 4:45 when I got up to get ready for our early morning pull out. We had a long drive today but we had to backtrack so their were no real stops except at the best bakery in Alaska in Soldotna named the Moose is Loose Bakery. It truly was the best I had tasted in Alaska. We pulled out at 6am and were in Mt. View RV Park outside of Palmer by about 2pm. I was sleepy all day and took a nap when we got here. We stopped for the bakery and gas and later we stopped at Tern Lake so the boys could nap. I would have except their were birds on the lake and in the air. You don't stop somewhere like that and sleep if you are a birder. I got to see Arctic terns and 2 common loons. I love loons. We were coming back via the Turnagain Arm and the tide was out and on the mountain side were waterfalls from the melting snow up top. We could also see a glacier at one point but don't know which one.

When I woke up people were gathered out in the middle of our coaches in the road sitting and visiting. That was fun. Now it is raining again and probably tomorrow. I was surprised we didn't have to travel in it today. Tomorrow we do some touring. See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment